Originally Posted By: celtic_flame

i a bit mad as their was no option for video confrinseing and its cost about £500.00 for cloths flights and stay for the interview period which is a lot of cash at the moment. So thats annoying me but had to be done.

if i too relocate to london or if i gonna go i fustrated as to how to get a job their while in london, video or call interviews aint an option yet as far as my enquiress have gone.

Celtic, when a person is invited for a job interview while living in North America, normally a Canadian or American firm at least pays for the interviewee's transportation cost if the interviewers are out of town. Some employers will pay for hotel accommodation, only 1 night. Usually they dictate the rules of course and costs. Same for long distance telephone interview and for videconference, the North American employer pays.

I have been flown out for job interviews in the past 10 years --by several different employers. Of course those interviews, the employer usually has a lengthy questioning process which I have no problems.

As long as the questions are related directly to the job, my relevant skill set and my education, I have no problems on length of time it takes for an employer to screen me. Some of my jobs have required criminal record checks because the nature of information that the job that I was applying for, required handling confidential information.

Even if it looks I might "lose" or be a very unlikely short-listed candidate, I try to do ok on interview. Many of the employers....are my own colleagues professionally. Hence, one never knows if I will meet these same people at conferences, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts, Dotsie. I'm a little puzzled why people are telling me that I'll get a job soon. I dunno.

That facilitation checklist is very helpful Dotsie. It gives one lots to think about and to work on.