I really didn't realize the amount of support I had here until now.

It's the third day and I am starting to fill the void even deeper now. It's sad indeed, I really miss him very much.

I finally put together a memorial page for him. My writing isn't the best and when I tried to proofread the contents, it's reminded me of an elementary school level.

Oh well, check it out and see how handsome he was in his youth. I use the youth pictures because I believe when they are on the other side, they are back or at least close to this age. My Dad - Jim Overcast

The background music I used was Johnny Mathis Wonderful Wonderful. Before he stopped talking, his response to everything was "Wonderful"

I went to Starbucks today and bought the CD with the Swing music. He loved Glen Miller, Benny Goodman, Tommy Dorsey... I listened to it in the car and I started balling my eyes out. I remember when I was a little girl he would play this type of music on the reel to reel (remember those?). This would be his relaxation, just sitting and listening to this music. I would go in the living room and start dancing to this music. I remember he would have a smile on his face.

BTW, as for closing this thread. I only mentioned it because I thought it was suppose to happen this way. If not, then we can keep the thread, it's fine by me.

I am feeling the urge to go out of my way to please my mom. I feel so bad for her, he took good care of her. He was the love of her life for 48 years. I didn't want to do this, but I am going to cut my hair short. She kept telling me she prefers it that way and asks me why I don't have it that way. So when I get back, we are going to go and get our hair done and I am going to cut it the way she likes it. My dad kept telling her to get out and get her hair done and take care of herself. She wouldn't leave his side.

I love you all alot! I hope you enjoy the memorial page.

Cathi