See, thats the issue. I don't have any extra money to save. Don't have cable, line dry my clothes, no more mobile phone bill, take/make lunches, very rarely eat out, check out books/movies from library (rather than renting), combine errands, have car pooled (and may do so again if possible), heat set at 65, A/c at 78, change to CFL bulbs as necessary, etc. If it came to it, I could cancel the phone, security, and internet, all of which would save $105 a month -- yet I'd have no communication and not feel safe. NO, I won't give up the horse or any of my pets! NEVER! NEVER EVER!

All utilities, grocers, and now gas again, are rising. No pay raise and no bonus. The economy will get worse before it gets better and I may not have a job after June (do not take this to the bank, it could be a possibility).

I do have one (1) year of pay (after taxes) in the bank.

Should the economy improve, I do plan to sell my home in about 5 years (and hope that it will sale). If I can find a loan at about 4.50, I may refinance (currently it is 6%). I understand I will pay longer, but if saving $100 to $150 a month (including the refinance fee) would help me to pay off the vehicle earlier (possibily).

Gosh, maybe I'll continue to concentrate on paying off the vehicle. For instance, with half of my tax return I can pay an additional $1K principal payment and continue paying an extra $15 per mth towards the principal payment.

Gosh, thanks gals. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your comments.