It's true that pot is pot and some feel it is not a problem. I've seen many a young dancer be taken down by it though, as well as in school. It makes you stupid, pure and simple. Pot makes one lazy and as my own son says he can't afford to get stoned and keep up his grade average.

As to Phelps, he is only and athelete as DJ says. He is a trained body, not mind, not soul. To be a world class athlete, which I am reveiwed as too, takes a lot of work on the body and discipline but they will do anything we ask if we are good enough to draw the crowds and make the money.

Our hearts, our minds, our integrity are NOT trained as athletes and Lord knows we have seen that from many national athletes and their stupid behavior.

What I'm saying is that a world class athlete does not mean a world class person and I would wager the young man has done quite a bit that they have had to cover up to get him into the Olympics. He is only a trained body like so many wonderful bodies that are highly trained.

Once we are trained, if we step out of line, if we stop working at it, we are NOT world class athletes, we are drunks or drug users or whatever we become after we achieve what we were working for.

I've always been cool when it came to Phelps because I've seen that type of athlete before, I saw it in his interviews. He did not have heart enough for me to call him a person that should be looked up to in the country..

I know that may not be a popular opinion but he showed rudeness when interviewed, he has a body that is built for what he did, in fact, it was VERY unique for swimming and so he COULD do what he did. A lot of what we achieve as athletes depend on the gifts God gives us. If we are tall, if we are built right, etc.. all is the luck of the draw and we should be grateful if we were given a body that can do something wonderful, we should not have an ego in it at all.

He was given a gift in his body to do what he did. It's not a shorter man's fault who was at a loss because he was short. It's not a less wide upper body on a man that makes him the loser to Phelps, it's God's gifts to him.

He needed to learn humility in my own opinon. Then again, I've very close to this subject because dance is the hardest sport on the body according to Harvard studies. I know what it takes to get that audience amazed too.

He should have kept it together but whose to say he could. He is who he is.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"