DH always wanted to have a little business for us.

I'd already been dabbling in soap before DH retired. After he did, he was involved in other things. Then, as he watched me struggle with a "card table" look at the market, he "warned" me..."if you want me to really be involved, watch out"! He was right! He's brought this business to a great level now. Years ago, as a beekeeper, he "grew" his business all on his own while he attended college. Then, once he graduated, he said "so-long" to the market (same one we are at now), never, ever imagining he'd be back nearly 25 years later!

He has HIS natural way of marketing. I, on the other hand, had many, many years of Tupperware and Avon success but with no idea of the market that they'd done FOR me. Building your own business from the ground up, literally, is WAY more different than I'd ever expected.

We both have very creative minds and often enjoy "business meetings" during breakfast. We have to stay busy. Our blend of skills has brought so much trust from fellow vendors, wholesale accounts, retail customer (ie: website) and it continues today.

Having our own individual shop on our property helps, too. Mine is production/shipping/packaging. His is everything else. Storage, woodworking, welding etc.

I've enjoy this immensely and, as I'd said in another post, stress is kept at a minimum.

If anyone has not read our blog, please check it out. The latest entry is one of which we are very proud. My DH is simply amazing at this! He is currently finding himself advising others who come to him with dreams of growing their own business as we have.

Edited by Di (02/15/09 11:24 PM)