Who does Michelle Obama turn to for clothing? The secret is out: Ms. Goldman, owner of Ikram, a Chicago Boutique.

It seems that Ms. Obama has been shopping in this boutique for years and trusts the owner so far as taste and buying. She allows this woman to suggest clothing and designers out of her boutique.

The debate: Some say that giving a boutique owner decide what designers to try and to buy limits the REAL designers who are American and who know more about fit, color and other fashion action from being involved in dressing the First Lady. Ms. Goldman almost always limiits the choices to the designers she carries in her boutique and other more experienced or other new designers can't get their clothes seen by the First Lady if they do not have an "in," with Ms. Goldman.

Some critics do not like the choices that Ms. Goldman has made for Ms. Obama like the inaugrual gown, that has been bothering fashion fans. Ms. Goldman is a buyer of fashion for her long popular boutique, not a designer, a fitter, or anyone in the fashion field with experience in making a woman look her best. So many American designers sent dresses for the First Lady to contemplate but she wore designers from Ms. Goldman's boutique. It is said that she almost exclusively buys from this woman.

What do you think? Should she shop on this woman's advise alone? Should she allow other American designers like Vera Wang and others to get their dresses tried and seen?

I believe Michelle needs to open up and open herself to other designers who know how to cut, fit and flatter a woman. I don't think a boutique owner, who buys with her own taste in mind has the experience to dress the First Lady.

What do you think?

This is my latest report on Michelle Obama's clothing!

Over and Out,
Dancer

Edited by dancer9 (02/12/09 04:01 PM)

"Question your privilege"