Quote:
I'm intrigued Edelweiss...why would you want to move to the U.S.? Germany has a great public supported health care system, much better than the U.S.

Orchid, good question. If I moved back to the US. I could keep my medical insurance, but would have to return to Germany every 6 months in order to do so. That would be rather expensive, so of course the alternative is opening a private insurance in the US. To tell you the truth, I really don't think I would want to do that. So I will probably remain in Germany for that very reason. So much for dreams.

I just got a call from my brother, and he is thinking of retiring in Germany to live close by me. Wow, that would be so wonderful. I'll be checking into some real-estate that might interest him.

I also thought of getting an apartment in Muenich. It's a very metropolitan city, and I'm sure I would meet many other Americans there if I wanted to. I just need to keep connected to Americans. It's simply where my roots are, and those roots are still very much a part of me.