Chickadee, no I don't mind you asking. He is safe and sound in jail. Has been there since October. I get 2 letters a week and he expects the same. Things around here have been crazy, I took another job to help make ends meet so have not written as much as I usually do. Actually that is a good thing as he is much more loving and respectful.

As always he says jail was meant to happen and the longer he is in there the longer he is off drugs. He is of sound mind when sober and has really good intentions. The problem is he is weak and easily led. One of these days he is going to get it. He is 24 and I was told that 25 is the magic number for these kind of kids. Apparently boys don't fully mature until age 25, at least that is what I was told by the counsellor.

He may have another 3 months inside, just waiting for a court date.

I will hope for the best but not expect anything. This is his journey.

As for my other two, I am a doting mother and they don't appreciate me. Don't do chores, expect me to pick up after them. I even drive them to school every morning so they get there.

Maybe some time at their Dad's will be a good thing, although I am really sad about it.

When and if they come back I can then set up some ground rules around chores etc. I can't do that now while they still live here. When they were younger I never got around to letting them do chores as I was in such chaos with my older son.

I am really trying to look at the positives. My daughter says she will come over every day and we can have coffee dates, my son is still thinking about what he wants to do.

Kate