Hi all!
Today I got a request that is a new one.
I had a group of six boomer aged women who wanted to hire me to teach them how to strip, seemingly, for their husbands!

They approached me and told me that I had been recommended as a dancer and that they thought it might be fun to learn to strip, it might make their husband's happy and they would get exercise!

LOL.

I was facinated. I am a character dancer so teaching someone to strip is no problem for me. I'm also a jazz Master so it's not so strange that they got my name. Still, it was really a request I was a bit shocked by!

The woman speaking for the crew said that they wanted to learn stripper moves and learn to costume themselves, all the way to how to work with a pole! Wow. I was shocked a bit because of the suburban woman she was!

I finally declined. Why? I don't know. I have not taught anyone to strip before and I've choreographed many love scenes for video and stage but they have been in the story line and in my opinion, in excellent taste.

Once I taught a love scene for the Guthrie for two actors that were doing a love scene in "South Pacific." They pay was great to choreograph the play so I agreed.

I told my two singers/actors that I was "good," so to be SURE to remain nuetral when doing the number and to remember themselves. I WARNED them not to fall for the number. I had a married woman with three children to work with and a single man.

Sure enough, after I choreographed the number, or during rehearsal, THEY RAN OFF TOGETHER!! She left her husband and her three children for this man/actor who did the number with her! I told them that I had warned them! They told me they thought it was meant to be and had nothing to do with the number and the show!

anyway, I digress. I said "no thank you," to the group of women who wanted to learn to strip for their husbands because I thought they were thinking of it like a game and I am a serious dancer/choreographer. I told them that there were choreographers in the better strip clubs that might help them and that these choreographers in strip clubs ARE, in fact, dancers with training.

I am hoping they will find someone to do it.

all in a day! I am amazed again.

A day in the life!!
Dancer

"Question your privilege"