Hi all - a quick update:

The diet is stalled because I'm not feeling well, and without me preparing the SIMPLE meals (whine) or shopping for ingredients, it's a no - go.

On the other hand. Dave learned that he feels so much better while on the diet. His first day off of it wasn't too bad, but by the second day, he was bloated, irritable, and just plain "a pain."

We found Ezekial 4:9 bread at a Whole Foods in DC that we both just love. It has wheat sprouts, but does not cause any reqctions. No one around here sells it, though, it does freeze well. It's so yummy, I eat it without anything on it.

One of the tips is to find out which foods you are reactive to - in Dave's case, it's definitely wheat and dairy - and then try not to have them except once a week.

Variety is key and not eating foods back-to-back is also key.

We have found that we like the SteviaPlus better than Splenda, and SP does not raise our glycemic index. It's a little hard to get it to dissolve, but one packet equals two of the Splenda. Cost comes out to about the same.

We also like Rice milk -vanilla flavor. But haven't been using it.

Calcium comes with the proper veggies. Here's a great list (remember, an adult usually requires at least 700mg daily)
http://carrotcafe.com/f/calevel.html

Fat Flush also recommends a daily supplement - just in case.

Wendy - I'll check out your link - maybe I can find a place to mail-order the Ezekiel bread.