Thank you Mama and Dotsie. I'm blushing. Imagine dancing for joy over a 53-year-old answering the phone! Seems so silly. But as you say, one thing, one day at a time. After that phone call, the phone rang several more times and I couldn't answer it. But by then hubby was home. But all of the calls were for him anyway.

I'll make a resolution to answer the phone at least once a day from now on, unless hubby answers it first, which he usually does, on the first ring (he LOVES talking with people and enjoys answering the phone, so who am I to take that little pleasure away from him...) But seriously, I'm going to do it. Calling someone else is the bigger challenge. When I finally get up the nerve, my best girlfriend has to be the first one I call...she knows about my phobia and has been patiently waiting for that day. Maybe next week when I know she's off work.

Anyway, perhaps it's the placebo effect or maybe the AD's actually working, though at 5mg/day, that's questionable, but I'm feeling different/better. More stable. Sleeping straight through the night for three nights in a row (that hasn't happened in over 6 years), rolling out of bed without too much difficulty, not so jittery, no vertigo...I also started on a multi-vitamin this morning, so we'll just see how it goes. It's hard to ward off the stress of having a full house over Christmas, but I do feel slightly calmer. I think this thread has helped immensely.

(Maya Angelou)