I've had short to medium-short hair for many years, it is naturally straight, thick and fine...and I have colored it forever and a day, mostly on my own. I used to get it permed 'cuz it drove me crazy messing without. However, I've found styles (and hairdressers!) who are working with those characteristics now, so the perms are a thing of the past.

About 2.5 years ago I was going through some "stuff" (gee, what a surprise MR going through drama? Now however could that happen? Grin) and my hairdresser asked if I would like for her to color it...and I LOVED it. In working with this person, I got turned on to Aveda products and have loved them ever since. When I decided they were too expensive, I bought several other products trying to duplicate the results...and ended up going back to the Aveda ... in the long run it was actually less expensive.

I was amazed to have my color last 10-12 weeks using the Aveda color...I had never had ANY color last that long and still look decent. Now, I 'preferred' to color it more frequently and that wasn't in the budget.

Every Aveda product I've tried has been superior and has lasted ages because it has taken so little product to get the desired results.

For the moment, I'm back to coloring my hair on my own (and remembering why I LOVE to have it done...not sure my landlord will like the red stain on the bathroom cabinet where I dripped!)AND I'm using the Aveda products.

Dancer...any knowledge of these?

MamaRed (Jerilynne)
www.mamaredspeaks.com
www.onemillionacts.com
Coming Summer 2009 "Kick-Butt Kindness: 52 No Cost Ways to Ripple Kindness 'Round the World"

Let's create Kick-Butt-and-Take-Names Lives!