EH
I too have never heard of anyone getting motion sick when their chair was touched! It makes me feel much better, in an odd way, to think I'm not the only one.

I think it's one of those symptoms that in the old days made doctors think women were hypochondriacs, so I only asked doctors in passing. They never had a clue to what it was about. My adult kids still like to mock me about it (such dears) by saying "stop touching my chair, you're making me dizzy!" which they heard so often.

Once in fact, I was at a movie theater -- of course, the seats in those old theaters were all connected in the row. All the movement of all the people in the row was so distracting I had to leave my companions and move waaaay over to the rh side of the theater, where I had to crane my neck to see the film but at least I wasn't made dizzy. I don't know what I told my companions but I'm sure they thought I was nuts.

EH, maybe the stress of your trip aggravated the dizziness. That used to happen to me after flying long distances.

From what I gather, the adrenal symptoms are sort of the first in the line of defense, after which comes thyroid, and possibly more endocrine system symptoms. The endocrine is the least understood system -- If I were to enter medicine, I'd study it.

Of course everyone is different. EH, when you say "it's hard to know what's affecting what" -- I actually have become so disciplined about what I'm eating, that I can practically tell you the effect on my body of everything I eat. Most people don't believe me, except my husband, because I can also predict to him what will happen if he eats certain things. I predict that future doctors will be able to give us each individual profiles about our specific body chemistry and what we each need to do to stay in equilibrium. And then, as they used to say about Chinese medicine, we'll pay doctors to keep us healthy but not when we get sick.