Early Saturday, well around midnight Friday night, I got up to go to the bathroom...I had such severe vertigo, I couldn't walk. I sat back down on the bed, waited for it to ease off, then tried again. Managed to go, but when I stood up again I was so dizzy I almost fell into the bathtub. I ended up being in bed for most of the day yesterday, unable to stand. And in bed, I could only lie on one side. Any movement rendered me so dizzy and nauseous, it was unbearable. I took Gravol and that helped, and Pepto Bismal for the queasiness, and by mid-afternoon I could get up and sit on the couch, but not much more. I tried to get on the computer, but after 10 minutes was too dizzy to even walk back up the stairs.

Today it's a little better. I even went outside this morning, hoping the fresh air would help. We did our errands, but by noon I was feeling so unwell we had to come home.

I'm not feeling sick, ie, it's not a cold, and I don't think it's the flu. I have no other aches, pains or trouble anywhere that seem related. I can barely function...I feel as if I'm adrift in a rowboat on a stormy ocean, very motion-sick at the slightest movement. I'm heading to bed now, but know I won't be able to sleep without another Gravol, because this vertigo even wakes me up from deep sleep.

I can't fathom what it is. It's miserable...I wouldn't mind it so much if I actually WAS on a cruise ship out on the ocean, but this isn't the least bit fun! Actually, it's a little frightening. I've never experienced this severity of vertigo before, even on a cruise.

(Maya Angelou)