Thank you for posting, Dotsie. Yes, my trustees are supposed to be there to protect me and that can get on my nerves. They are generous with me for the most part but let a man in my life try to get a loan from it or money out of it and they go nuts!

My sister was kidnapped for money and the trust protected here and my cousin was also kidnapped and it was for money as well. Both times the money in trust helped but in my cousins case, she had to escape because they planned on blackmailing my uncle.

My sister's kidnapper tried to blackmail my father for money and then called me trying to tap the trust to "save," her for money,'
The trustees refused to pay, telling him to "keep her," if he wanted money and sure enough they let her go. They were not violent though.

It has protected me from my own generosity, yes, but I wish often that it would be more open to my husband and others in my life. For example, I may want to take a trip with a friend but it won't pay for that friend, only in the case of friends they approve of will they pick up the check!

THEY decided whom they approve of too!

Thanks for letting me get some off my chest,

Dancer

"Question your privilege"