When I was growing up in Yorkshire England. My family went to church only on special occasions. As a teenager I was attracted to the glowing, joyful, faces of the people in the church, but I did not want to give up worldly things. I liked Led Zeppelin and motorcycles and having a good time at the pub almost every night. I thought the kids in the youth group at church were nerds. By 18 I was a regular in nightclubs and bars. After marrying at 23 and moving to Germany. I spent my time drinking and watching xxx movies,frequenting sex shops and going to nightclubs again. I was living a great life, and thought I was having fun. But deep inside a little voice kept telling me, "This isn't right" I knew there was something wrong in my life.

After returning to England I found myself back in church. People were raising their hands and clapping praising God. I asked myself. "What am I doing here?" I wanted to go out the door, but somehow I stayed. An overwhelming and amazing feeling of Joy came over me. I was ready to let Jesus have my whole heart and my whole life. From that moment on I was born again. I was so full of Joy that I couldn't stop smiling for 3 days. Even my dad noticed and said I wish I had what you have got. Now years later I still have that joy Jesus is a friend I can talk to, he is always there for me. and I have peace when I release my troubles to him. Jesus says Behold I stand at the door and knock if anyone hears my voice and opens the door I will come in and eat with him and he with me. (Rev 3 verse 20) I realize now that while I was living in a craziness of drinking, partying. God in his mercy was knocking on the door of my heart. When I opened the door to him he showed me real joy. The Lord is my strength and my song and has become my salvation. I thank God for his grace.

Edited by Linda Popiel (11/26/08 01:23 PM)