Gims, I too am a firm believer in these connections...I've had far too many to believe otherwise...and they are impossible to "unsee" once we've seen and felt them.

This past Friday night, our tour group was enjoying a celebrational supper in a restaurant in Madrid. Hubby and I were sitting at a table with two other couples, enjoying wonderful conversation and food. Eventually the conversation changed to Christmas talk, and actually became somewhat somber as we found out that all of us had lost loved ones recently and that we had all lost our Christmas spirit to some extent because of those losses. We commiserated with each other, and then the musicians came and sang at our table.

While listening to the music, I felt a hand squeeze my left shoulder. I turned around but nobody was there. Since I was sitting with my back against the back corner wall, there was no way anyone could have come around the table to touch me. Yet I could still feel the warmth of that handprint on my shoulder. And although I still don't sense who it was, I do know it brought comfort and a lovely sense of being watched over.

These connections happen frequently, and almost always break through moments of deep sorrow and draw me back into life and light with that sense of being companioned and loved.

(Maya Angelou)