...a continuing journey.

Realizing there are so many new members, I thought I'd "revitalize" this topic.

As one can see in my signature, I am co-founder of an online Support Group for those who are unable to have their own children. You may visit our website for further detailed info!

With holidays coming up, this time of year is very difficult for many of us. With so many events and focus on children, we are left out....of conversations, Christmas pageants watching little "Johnny" be a lamb, creating memories, purchasing gifts for children, grandchildren, sons-and daughters-in-laws etc. Granted, several have step-children, but it is NOT the same.

If, in the event, you meet a stranger and share some conversations, it is inevitable that THE topic will come up..."Do you have any children?" That is a VERY hard question for us to answer. We usually get the third degree.

However, in the event the answer is "I/we are/were unable", PLEASE do not reply with invasive questions as to the whys, what fors, whens, what if, have you thought about etc. The correct answer is "I'm sorry". Period. We already hurt and have already thought of every which way to have our own baby. Even adoption is something very personal. Some are unable to adopt.

Thank you if you have read so far. I feel the Lord has called me to educate about those in my shoes and I am thankful for this BWS website for allowing me to do that!

Edited by Di (11/03/08 09:25 PM)