Hi DJ,
I got my fashion experience by being a runway model/dancer for a LOT of shows. After the shows, you can tune into industry websites and get industry magazines to tell you what's what for each season, which designer is being replaced, who knows who and who is "hot." I love cloting, my mother dressed me in designer wear as a child so naturally I grew up loving fashion. I still do. I think what we wear is an extention of ourselves!

Ah, Irish lace, Mountain Ash! I had my wedding gown done with a LOT of Irish lace, it was beautiful. Perhaps I'll post a photo of it! You are right about the Irish, both of you, it's the soul they put into their work. You could say that about most of Europe but it's my belief that Irish lace is the best. Irish wool is great too and Ralph Laren uses a lot of it in his sweaters and dresses.

Dotsie, for fashion and comfort, you cannot beat Clergerie boots.

http://couture.zappos.com/n/es/d/722110927/order_by/price_asc/show_all/1/size/9/page/1/bar/1.html

Even if you get a pair on sale, (they can get a bit expensive,) they are the best I am trying to give you the best. If you desire a lower price range, just specify and I'll give you some lower lines that specialize in comfort as well.
Robert Clergerie shoes and boots are made for comfort and for the woman who invests in her clothing. They are French. French shoes can run slim but Clergerie do not. That is Cler - jer - e, for pronunciation.

D.J., since dancers are obsessed with their toes, and need a certain kind of toe to go un pointe, they have their lore too. A longer second toe is supposed to signify intelligence. I bet your mother knew that! She was right in your case, non?

Mountain Ash, I could talk fabric and clothing with you all day! You put things so beautifully! I wish we lived on the same land!

I can tell you all where to get about anything and if I can't I can ask a friend. I do a lot of locating things for my friends and even buy their wardrobes for a few. (Their money, of course.)

Dotsie, your purple is a good touch for working out, congratulations! I can tell you have good taste though, it has shown through.

On to my next post. I got some news this morning about clothing and fashion so I'll put it right here!

Warning: Mention of Palin in next post, purely innocent. lol.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"