Dancer, where do you go for your fashion information?

Got, it Mountain Ash! and it's true on both levels. There's an Irish import store in Annapolis, MD, not far from here. Their fabrics are absolutely gorgeous -- every single one of them. The wools are incredible lush colors, the weaves are inventive, the cuts are beautiful. Of course, it's all way too expensive for me -- even on sale, but I always stop in and look. Maybe some day...How come no one else can be so creative with wool?
Every winter there's a craft show in town - the American Craft Council show. I'm noticing that each year they have more and more designers making clothes and weaving fabrics, and hand painting, knitting, etc. It's all very elegant, high-end, beautifully designed stuff. It's made it impossible for me to shop, pretty much, because every store I go to I compare with this handmade stuff. I won't even set foot in so many stores any more.

Anyway, We always go, and usually I try to get something like a pewter serving spoon, some earrings, a vase. My husband gets hand painted silk ties every year from a designer who lives in Washington state.

But my point was going to be this: that for me, it's all about the texture of the fabric.