Dolfin,
I'm sorry that your son has suffered injuries. It must be very hard for you to be an Army Mom at this time in our history. God Bless you for your support to him and your strength that I don't know if I would have. It sounds as if he could be coming home, no?

What you described is JUST what I was talking about in my post. These young men and women who return seem to be exactly as you said, hard hearted, anxious and highly strung. It's sad that they have to be arrested, after serving the country, to get them help! I don't see how a spouse would recieve the type of people I am seeing in the hosptial that are in the PTSD program!

I was far too young to see what the Vietnam war did to young people but I am seeing this war and it's injuries and I am astounded, especially after living in "music land," for most of my life.

I feel they MUST have treatment, as is being discussed, upon returning home. I don't see anyway around it. My husband who was career Navy said that they were debriefed and told about how to go home to their spouses in the "right way," but it was hard for the even after the first Gulf war! It must be twice, three times as hard now for them.

Thank you for your post, Dolfin, you put it very well in your description of your friend's experience.

It worries me so.

Dancer

"Question your privilege"