Gosh, finally found the time to read this thread. So many beautiful stories, and it is heart warming to “feel” the love that you all have in your relationships.

When I met my Hubby it was hate at first sight.

I was skiing in Switzerland, and I was a lousy skier. Gosh those mountains are BIG. My friend and I found a beginners trail that led along side of the mountain. It had a slight slope, but it was narrow. Well, we were snow plowing along, when suddenly we heard a bunch of skiers skid to a stop behind us. One of the guys yelled, “Move over!” Before we could even sidestep, they sped past us, almost knocking us off the slope.

At the bottom of the trail, we met up with the group who were waiting for the connecting bus to the gondola. I went up to the “leader of the pack”, and told him in my broken German how careless he was; and that he practically knocked us off the slope. Boy was I mad!

In the hotel that evening at the dinner table, Mr. Speedy Gonzales was placed directly across the table from me. He invited me to a glass of wine as a token of a truce. I accepted, and we got married 3 months later.

I was so scared at the wedding, that I almost cancelled the last minute.
Now we’ve been married 34 years. Sometimes he is still trying to knock me off that slope! But I’m holding on, and despite all our ups and downs, we have many more ups…which makes skiing really interesting.