Orchid, Chatty, yes, I must learn to manage my money better when it comes to others. I over spend on my friends and yes, I gave money that was not needed more than once.
I have given money that has helped real people before, but I've been burned more than helped. I have been trying to be better at that with the help of my husband.
My husband makes enough to support us both, by the way, so he would and has not taken from me.
Louisa, I broke my neck dancing both times. I am also a gymnast, I dance ballet, jazz, modern and hip hop. I do not tap, lol.
I was in the air about 4 feet recently and could not decide in that split second whether to flip or to land on my feet and I ended up falling those four feet onto my neck and head.
If I had been one of my dancers, I would have called an ambulance poste haste, but it was me so I asked my son and husband for ice and iced it.
As I moved about the next week or so, the bones shifted and I hurt my cord.
I had stenosis badly in that area and had gone undiagnosed for many years. When I went to the doctors, they thought I could not be the dancer I was will and REAL problems so they called my pain stress.
When this last fall happened, they found severe stenosis and had to operate.
I have a donor bone in my neck that is fused.
It's a long and traumatic story and thanks for asking.

Dancer, who is re-thinking teaching.

"Question your privilege"