Louisa, thank you for hearing my post. The answers to your questions are that when my mother dies, the trust will go to me and I can do what I want when I want. My mother, being mentally ill, is the reason for the trustees. She is a "protected person," by the state and therefore, her monies are kept by someone other than herself.
This happened when she was given the money in the trust and she promptly went out and bought a 7000.00 dress, took the slip out of it, and then donated it to the Catholic Church. She said she liked the slip part.

I share this trust with her and I decided when I was young to put my money in it as I had money go into it when I was acting and singing as a child. ( I was an actress and such from the age of 5 with my parents managing me.

Instead of taking my money and going, I knew my mother would need to be taken care of all her life. I was young and decided to continue to put money into the trust as I worked. I kept the income I wanted, which as a lot, and put some in the trust when I worked full time and in famous circles. I grew used to living a certain lifestyle as you can imagine.

Later, and in the recent years, I broke my neck. This involved three sugeries in 18 months. Then I hit menopause whiched paused me. I hit is young.

Now that I am stronger and ready to make life's plans, I find that the money the trusts pays me is not enough at times. It is enough for me to live very well, don't get me wrong, I live in a three bedroom condo, after selling my home when my son's went to university. It is upscale and I spend freely as a rule.

BUT, if it involves a large amount of money, I need to get it past the trustees who manage this money for my mother to live on for the rest of her life, as well as support me until I die.
They invest, buy and sell, and send me a history of their antics every three months as was my request.

Whew.
I am also severly dyslexic which you will see by my writing. Them watching my money does well for me many times. It protects me. My sister and a cousin were kidnaped already for ransom. If others know that the bulk of my money is out of my hands, it is safer.

I can go to the casine, on trips, so long as they feel that my health will be watched, and give money if I have a friend in need.

But:

Even last year I gave a friend money, thousands, because she said that she was unable to pay her rent and eat. Because her mother died and because I had known her so long, I gave her the money.

I found out that she had a great savings account with the balance of her inheritance from her mother all that time and did not want to use her own money!!

This, above, is typical for me. I will admit it. The are correct about me giving away money to those who do not deserve it. That was not the first time, I will be honest.

Two men had lived off me and the money had to be guared from them. I was allowing them into my accounts, etc...
They went after trust money with tricks and the trustees saved me from being scammed.

I'm to blame about some of this.

Still, New Orleans is what they are worried about. I could move elsewhere but they feel that New Orleans is not ready for me to move back. If you read my site, you would find that I sing with a great many artists who work in New Orleans. I also lived there eight years and it feels like home.

I am told, even by my son, that New Orleans is not in good enough shape for me to live there, as in: It's not safe yet.

sorry for the long answer but I wanted to tell you as much as I could since you were so very kind in taking the time to read it.

I thank you again.

Dancer9 danced last night!

"Question your privilege"