well my hubby happens to be a sandwich freak -- so it's easy to feed him -- Publix Deli subs [Big Grin]

but there are sooooo many good foods out there -- and being that diabetes is the number one illness for Americans with 100's of thousands of diabetics running around -- and all the emphasis on good health now -- the food manufactures know that this is the "food chain" group they need to start targeting.

The biggest thing we learned, when this was first diagnosed, was how much carbs breakdown into "bad" sugars. Now we look at the carb content before the sugar content on labels. If you enjoy cooking -- go to the library or book store and get any one of hundreds of great diabetic cookbooks and enjoy [Smile]

Dotsie -- I'm soooo happpy for your daughter -- a good sugar report will keep her looking FORWARD --
and after awhile -- she'll get to "know her body" so well that she will KNOW when her sugar isn't right. Every once and awhile I'll see hubby checking his sugar (which he doesn't have to do regularly anymore) and he'll say that he felt he needed to check his sugar -- and sure enough -- he'll be low -- it won't take much time for her either I would bet !! He's determined to CONTROL his diabetes -- not have it control him [Smile]