You are right, I am being a whiner! I am glad for the kick in the *&^ that I needed.

I couldn't agree with you more that this is a blessing in disguise as far as living a healthy lifestyle. I have said the very same words that you have said about my own husband.

He was diagnosed with Type I when we were dating. He now does 4-5 shots a day. When all this began he only did one shot per day. He is extremely healthy. By the grace of God his doctors still tell him after his physical that if they didn't know he was a diabetic before his physical, they sure wouldn't be able to tell by his examination.

I know, as you do too, we changed our eating, drinking, and exercising habits way back when. Who knows what his health would be like if we hadn't made those changes.

I am glad your hubby took the disease seriously and made the changes that have allowed him a healthier lifestyle. My husband is an eye doctor and has many patients with diabetes. Many of those patients have not made the proper adjustments and have serious vision and circulation problems. This is what makes it hard for him to know our daughter has the same disease. He knows first hand plus... he sees it in his patients!

I am happy to announce that my daughter's blood results weren't as bad as we thought. [Big Grin] She did take a vacation from her diabetes, but realizes the vacation is over. She is back on her path of healthy eating, exercising, and blood testing.

Thank you for the reminders. I am grateful you care enough to share. [Wink]