Congratulations, Micki! You have done what most of us can only dream about. I have lost as much as 35 lbs before..right after I had my hysterectomy and was diagnosed with diabetes..I went on a low carb diet and lost 35 lbs. but it gradually crept back on me. I wear a size 18 and feel like a fat sow, but I try to watch that I don't gain any more. Losing weight is very difficult for me. And to think I weighed 112 lb. when I was married! As a teenager, I could eat anything and everything without a pimple or a pound gained. Then I got pregnant, and my metabolism slowed to a crawl. Each pregnancy earned me a few more pounds, until I peaked at 195 lbs. after Teresa was born. I now weigh about 180-185....way too much! I would like to get back to 125-130 lbs. But I have the willpower of an alcoholic when it comes to chocolate and taffy.
I have found that chewing bubblegum can ease my sugar cravings somewhat without giving me a lot of sugar. There is only 5 grams of sugar in a piece of DubbleBubble gum, and I can chew it until the craving is appeased. When I was losing weight after my surgery, and a chocolate craving hit, I would superimpose an image of an insulin syringe over the candy bar wrapper. I don't like needles much, so it was enough to help me resist temptation back then.
Now, I try to drink a full glass of water and eat a big salad before eating the main course of any meals. It helps to fill me up with low carb substance, then I don't have room for high caloric foods.
Another trick I know works is to keep a food diary. If you have to account for every bite you put in your mouth, you will eat much less and certainly more healthily.
What tricks to the rest of you use for dieting? I'd love to hear them.