Okay since you guys have asked me in PM's. I will explain how I met my husband #2. I worked for a freezer meat company in Indiana at the time and my son and I lived with my mom and stepdad. She helped me watch my baby who was two at that time...For payment, I would fill the freezer I bought for them every couple of months.

Anyhow...My boss said to me one day, I am opening a business in Niles, Illinois and would like you to go up there and stay for a couple of weeks and meet the butchers, open the office and hire and train an office manager. He said there is a nice bonus in it for you. My mom agreed to keep my son and later that week off we went, he drove me.

The new place was very nice. He then took me to a Motel some distance away and said, the bus stops across the street OR ask the man who owns the restaurant how to get there, I have paid for your room and he will bill me for any extras, have fun and be careful, and remember who's girl you are. We had been dating.

The next motrning I went outside and saw that the place was shaped like a U. The restaurant was on one end and the rooms were all along the rest of the U. With a pool in the center.

I walked into thre restaurant and asked the man inside for breakfast and showed him a piece of paper I had with the address of the office written on it. He said out loud, hey Chet, you live near here right? This handsome older man in a nice sports jacket with curly dark hair, peeked out over his newspaper and said, live where" He walked over to the booth I was now eating breakfast in and said, looking at the paper I had, and said, yeah I do, a couple blocks away. The man introduced us and then the owner said, "this little lady could use a lift, would you mind?" Chet sat down after asking me if it was okay, had some coffee and we talked awhile and when finished eating I said, I really should be going. As we left the restaurant with the assurances of the owner, he said he'd known Chet for many years and he was a respectfable businessman in the area, and I'd be safe with him. Well, when we walked outside I saw this really nasty, dirth looking truck parked in front of the pool and my heart sank. I thought what is this guy, a farmer? I went to grab the door handle and Chet said, wait, this way. Well on the other side of tis truck was parked a burgundy red cadillac convertible with white interior and a white top. SIGH!!!

That day he drove me to the office, came by later to take me to lunch and gave me a rose, and then picked me up to go see his club after I finished work. He invited the buitchers too. I stayed until midnight and most the women there were giving me the evil eye, nasty looks, one in general looked like she wanted to tear my eyes out. I was seated in the owners table and Chet fell over himself all evening paying attention to me while his partner took care of the crowd of regulars. There was a 3 piece group playing slow jazz. We danced alot. The place was called The Speakeasy and was a nice cozy cocktail lounge...

That night on the way home he said "you drive, okay?" I did and when pulling into the motel he said, "okay now go inside and stay there till morning. I'll meet you for breakfast. He walked me to my door with a kiss on the forehead. The next day after breakfast he drove me to work but this time another car followed us. Chet said, here you keep the caddy and take the butchers to the club for lunch, enjoy your day. I have a business thing tonight so go ahead to the club and I'll see you later. He gave me the car, I nesarly died. That went on for a week and then one night I got tired of the kiss on the forehead and turned things up a notch. I told you I was a wild child. Plus this man was gorgeous and so good to me. I was already in love.

My job there was done, it took 3 weeks and one of the butchers who drank at the club free everynight (the fink) called the big boss in Indiana, saying, "he better come Char because she is involved with a ganster! My boss called the motel and Chet happened to be there waiting for me and when my boss said he was coming to get me that night...Chet took the phone and said, don't bother, she quits!!! That very night Chet asked me to marry him while we were dancing to the song AT LAST by Etta James. He gave me an engagement ring the following day. I moved into his home, and we drove to Indiana, visited with my mom, and picked up my son and brought him back to Illinois with us. He sold his share of the lounge and we bought s small bar in upstate Illinois and lived happily ever after for fourteen years. We never were apart after that...Whew, left out many details but this is long enough. God, how I miss him...

http://charleen-micheles.blogspot.com/