Meredith, out of a most tender heart, I say, I am so sorry. While driving home after visiting Daddy this afternoon, the thought of him passing was so 'right there' on my mind. A peace came over me, though, for some reason. After seeing him hunched over in a non-controlled position (laying in bed, but his body making a moon shape), his eyes watery and him barely able to open them, his not being able to speak or respond as I know he wanted to, him having to listen to all those horrible machines humming and burbling around him... knowing he doesn't have to go through this. He would be so much better off with your friend Jody. But, letting go... we, WE, hurt for lack of them; for not being able to share one more thought; for not being able to get one more of EH's 'skin hugs'... We are bound to earth, and should be wishing for the freedom your friend now has, and my dad will soon have, regardless of the pain it brings us while we wait our turn. I hurt for you. I feel the pain with you. I'm glad Jody had you as a caring friend.