Hi,
This is a little difficult for me to ask, since I'm not a very religious person and don't seem to have the strength of faith that so many of you do.

My oldest son Sean (21) is in the army. He's been having hip pain for some time and just learned this week that he has stress fractures in both of his hips, as well as shin splints in both legs. He's walking with a cane and has been placed on "profile" which means he can't do the physical training necessary to complete his job.

This is very frustrating for him, because he was due to rank up, and he was applying for the Green to Gold program where the army would discharge him, pay for his college, then bring him back as an officer. He is now unable to do either of these things because he is on profile.

The doctor said it could be a year before it heals. Sean doesn't know if he will be assigned a desk job for that time period, or if the army will send him packing with a medical discharge. I'm praying they will keep him, and hopefully retrain him in an interesting desk job, such as intelligence. He scored extremely high on all his testing and graduated at the top of his class. I fear they will give him some boring filing job instead of putting his brain to use.

Please keep him in your prayers for fast healing, and also to be given the proper support from the army. Thanks everyone.

Kathy