Thanks for the "welcome back" ladies.

You're right chatty - it's really hard sometimes to remember that it's OUR life - must be a "woman" thing ;-)

Eagle Heart - we're so busy trying to please everyone else, take care of family or pets or a career or all three. Perhaps that's why it's so easy to get caught up in that "failure thing" and slip back into that world of regret. We wear ourselves out trying to be what everyone one around us is used to getting from us that when we get a little tired and let someone down -- even if it's only in our own mind -- we get sucked down into the muck of the past. Until we gain our strength again -- we can wallow there for quite awhile.

Maybe that's why our mothers seem to be the ones that have caused the most damage to our "psycie" - because they were going thru exactly the same thing as we are now -- the cycle repeating itself thru generation and generation. Did you ever think about it that way? Maybe it wasnt YOU but HER that had the problem climbing out of the muck?

I chose to stop that cycle. My mother can live out the rest of her life a miserable old woman - just like her mother before her - it's HER CHOICE. But she is NOT going to drag me down with her.

I know I'm not perfect -- and every one of my scars I now carry proudly as life's battle wounds. I have told my child I'm sorry - from the bottom of my heart and soul - for the times I let him down. I have told my husband I'm sorry - and I won't be that woman again. I have told my God I'm sorry - and thanked him for loving me anyway.

And now I'm through saying I'm sorry !!! There is not one person - man or woman - that can't say I'm sorry to someone so why should I continue to beat myself up for something someone else did to me while simply being a lost soul too ?

I forgave them and I forgave myself and that's it. It's over now. Every morning I get up and say THANK YOU Lord for letting me wake up and I'll make the best of the day !!!

HUGS LADIES