Hi Gims - actually, Pat's father sent him to seminary school in Ireland. Pat dropped out right near the end, so I can understand his father's distress - - but maybe Pat didn't want to go in the first place and didn't know how to tell his father "no". When he left, he decided to come to New York, where one of his older brothers lived.

The sisters live next door to each other, and one has her daughter living with her. I think she has a computer, so the web cam thing is a good idea. Pat usually has access to a computer wherever he's staying; he travels around between CA, OR, and OK where his children live. He's never used a computer, but if someone set it up for him, that would work.

Things were very different than Pat remembered. He said if you put him down in the middle of his old village, that he wouldn't even recognize it and wouldn't know how to find his way home. He used to ride his bike from Claremorris to Galway, but now it's a busy two lane highway. Just the normal growth you would expect in an area over 60 years - I know our community has grown in a similar manner.

You"re welcome! I love pics too, in case you couldn't tell!

K