Anno, the New York highlight was definetly "Wicked". In Ireland, it was watching Pat greet his family after 60 years. The rest was just a bonus. Traveling with a large group went better than I thought it would, but that's because we had 4 cars between us. So Dan and I were able to get away and do our own things as much as we wanted. I actually drove part of the time - wrong side of the road with a stick shift - that was fun!

Di, I just saw the Irish soap in a gift shop, and of course you came to mind. I thought a maker of New Mexico soap might like to smell some Irish soap. We were major tourists in New York - rode the tour bus one day, took the harbor cruise another, etc. But we've never been before, so with this overview we now have a good idea of what we might like to do if we ever go back. (Listen to Jazz on Bleeker Street!)

Mountain Ash, Pat was born in Claremorris which is in Mayo County. Yes, it was the most beautiful green place I've ever been!

I'm going to try to post a pic again - it didn't work the last time I did it. This photo is of Pat meeting his twin sisters for the first time in 60 years:

Edited by Dancing Dolphin (08/01/08 06:17 PM)