I missed you guys, and it's amazing how much I thought of many of you while I was traveling. Your lives, your jobs, your personalities - I even bought a little Irish soap for Di. (I'll mail it soon!) Every where I went, there was something that reminded me of my online friends. JJ, I didn't buy you anything, but I took a photo of your castle and moat, k?

Allow me to explain the reason for our trip. My father-in-law (Pat) left Ireland for the states when he was 24, and he's never been back. We (all the kids) have tried to get him to go for years. This year he finally agreed, and 15 of our family members went. So after 60 years (he's 84 now), Pat was able to return to his homeland and see his twin sisters (age 87) and his old home and village. It was wonderful!

Dan and I, with our son Ryan (age 16) visited New York for 4 days before heading over to Ireland. I've posted a photo room on Snapfish for anyone wanting to see all the images. If you choose to go there, it's best NOT to choose the slide show because you'll miss the captions. Double click on the first image, then click the "next" button to move through the images. Here's the link:

http://www2.snapfish.com/slideshow/Album...95/t_=101973095

I believe you have to sign up for a free account, but I have never received spam from them so it's safe. For those of you who can't/won't go to the photo room, I'll post a few pictures here.

Enjoy!!
Kathy

Edited by Dancing Dolphin (08/01/08 04:21 PM)