I know you must get sick of my posts about the comings and goings of my children, but here I go again.

Our youngest left for The Big Apple yesterday. We had his graduation party here on Saturday night; a big time with about 100 family and friends, I'm still exhausted. I think I got about two hours of sleep Saturday night. We had about 12 friends spend the night. Bodies were all over the house.
Anyway, around 3:00 AM, we finally came in after sitting in a big circle while friends played the guitar and banjo. They were passing them around and different people, young and old were playing. It was so much fun. We had no idea when we planned it that he would be moving the next day, but that's how it worked out. He secured a job last Wednesday which begins this week. So he left his internship Friday, had his party Saturday, and yesterday while his friends were coming and going, we packed his car and he headed out.

Fortuantely, he's staying with a friend and his family in NJ until he moves into an apartment in Brooklyn in a couple weeks. The friend he's living with was at his party, so he followed him home. After a grueling six hour ride with lots of traffic, he called to say he made it.

I'm so grateful he's in NY and not LA. His school was in Florida and we didn't get to see too much of him while he was there, but we're already planning a visit to NY. IT'sso much closer, and if you drive on the right days and times, it only takes about 4 hours.

I'm missing him already. He's such a happy boy and to listen to his freinds who are all convening in NY, to hear their passion and excitement about the possibilities, is invigorating and so uplifting. I wish them all well.