Well, she's actually almost 12. She's been such a healthy dog forever. Last week, when in for grooming, they updated her shots. For some reason they also did a little exam, which we hadn't approved. They called to say she had a heart murmur. On a scale of 1-6, it was a 3. They wanted to do a panel of tests that would cost $400.00. I said no thanks. We ahve another vet we take her to and I wnated him to check her out.

I took her yesterday. He listened and said it was a 1 on a scale of 1-6 and that he didn't need to do anything about it. How about that? He chareged us for a little check-up and we never had to spend that $400.00.

I share this so you get second opinions for your pets. We do it for ourselves, but we should also do it for them.

She did however, have to have a tumor removed from her leg. Poor thing. She's moving in s l o w motion with a little bandage on her leg. She can't be let out in the yard to run. We have to keep her on a leash while outside for ten days. She's going to feel like a trapped rat. No long walks either. I'm hoping she won't feel up to it, but I have a feeling that later today she's going to have her normal energy back and be raring to go. Time will tell.