Dianne, of course to be fair, just writing the book put me at risk; my brother threatened me. I was willing to take that chance because of the potential good it could do. But the book did not put my parents at risk until the publisher insisted on that section or the publishing deal was off - or at least that's what she implied. I had to weigh the potiential good against the potential risk. The publisher's husband is an attorney. We couldn't afford an attorney. It can become a mess.

But it's over now. And I learned a lot from this experience. So like you say, "If it doesn't feel good, don't do it twice." I gained a lot of strength from this experience, so I thank the publisher for that.

Smile, it's a bummer the way they treated you. The business is a hard one. For me, writing is one of the things I was born to do, so I will continue to publish, but like I said, I learned some things. I didn't think I went into the experience uninformed. I went to lots of conferences and took lots of classes, but sometimes things can be difficult anyway.

Vi