It's gotten much worse. Much worse. Nancy went out to walk her dogs. She has them on leashes...she'd just seen her neighbor go into her house so Nancy felt safe about going out. Evidently, this woman raced out her back door with her own two dogs, went down the ally in the direction she saw nancy going and was walking towards nancy. She let her dogs go and they raced towards nancy and her dogs...the dogs got into a fight...she said the woman was laughing at her. nancy was so distraught that by the time she got home she called me...I begged her to call the police but she said she couldn't think straight, her heart was pounding and she needed to lie down. I called the police in her district and spoke to an officer who said Nancy must call them when these things happen...we talked a bit about what's been going on...he found it a bit humerous that nancy would call me instead of the police...I didn't think any of it was funny and steered him back to the issues I felt were important.
I called nancy back...by then she had taken her sleeping pill and was too drowsy to talk...I called her this morning and she said the police had just left...she was upset with herself for not having the strength to call them last night but at least she finally did. They took her statement and have lodged a harassment complaint and will go to this woman's home tomorrow morning before she goes to work. Nancy feels like she's a prisioner in her own home now and the incidences are escalating to violence. This woman is insane and dangerous and twisted is she finds sicing her dogs on a 66 year old woman who is out walking her dogs.
The policeman looked at the fence the woman has torn down and the boat and has included in his statement that Nancy is in fear of her safety. Is this not the unfairest thing or what? I truly fear this woman is going to do something that will hurt Nancy or worse.