Here's one for the books...my best friend Nancy lives north of Miami...she's in her 60's, is the sweetest lady in the world, would never hurt a fly and is so easy to get along with. She has a 2nd home in Mississippi (we became neighbors when I bought the house next door to her). I know what type of person she is and believe me she would never do anything to aggravate so much as an insect much less another person.

Her neighbor in Miami (I'll call her Burtha) has done the following to Nancy's property (a lot when Nancy's away at her other home in Mississippi).

1. Killed her grass
2. Ripped up her chain link fence (claiming it's on her property)
3. taken her lawn chairs and thrown them in the ally along with her garbage can.
4. Removed her hub caps.
5. Curses her when she sees her. (I can't even say what she's said because it's too profane.)
6. Called the city to complain that nancy's tree was drying and had to come down.
7. Called the city to complain that Nancy's storm shutters were still up and needed to come down (despite the fact that Nancy was two states away and could not take them down).

Nancy is trying to put a privacy fence up and everytime nancy runs a line along the property line, Burtha comes home from work and rips the line and the stakes up. Nancy says she's had the police out 5 times in the past 6 months and they're refusing to do anything and say it's a civil matter.

Burtha is claiming Nancy is on her property but according to Nancy's survey (and careful measuring), she's not on Burtha's property...Nancy even moved the stakes in half a foot but Burtha continues to rip everything up.

Nancy is having a new survey done and a building permit done and having contractor out to lay out where she's allowed to put her fence. If the city approves her plans then there should be no question, right?

Today Nancy walked her dogs and Burtha came out and started curing at Nancy. She said, 'there goes the whore with her dogs'. (She's called nancy much worse). Burtha went in and got her dogs to let them do their business in front of Nancy's house...it's on city property (near the curb) but the woman cursed and shot nancy the finger. nancy had her camera and when the lady volunteered to shoot Nancy the finger again, nancy took her picture.

I've suggested Nancy get a handheld recorder and record the outbursts so she'll have some kind of evidence of what is being said to her. Nancy says it's getting to where she cannot even walk outside or walk her dogs.

Nancy says the latest craziness stems from her neighbor demanding $100 so she could pay for a variance and store her boat on her property. She doesn't want to pull the boat in from the back and if nancy put her a privacy fence Burtha will be forced to use the ally. Nancy just wants to live in peace and have a quiet life but this woman is really make nancy's live hell.

Nancy's doesn't have enough money to hire a lawyer or someone to take up surveilence.

What, if anything, can she do? She's at her wits end and I am shocked that the police can't do more. They did file a police report on the last incident but said that Burtha says nancy is on her property and as long as she is then she's going to continue ripping out posts and strings.

Nancy says according to her survey there is no way she's on this woman's property.

Any words of wisdom here?