Gims,

Certainly! A Board and Care is a small place. For example, my Dad was in a lovely residential home with sometimes only one, but it grew to a total of 4-5, residents. This was perfect for my Dad because even though he has always been a social guy, he needed lots of assist with adjusting and as he settled in, new residents were added.

I will look up the website for the place my Dad was, it seems to be down right now - and will post later.

Anyway, it was like being in a family. The smallness of it gave Dad incredibly personal care. The caregivers and the owner were more than we could have even hoped for. Every time we "dropped in" everything was clean, cared for, people being tended to. They prepped food from the kitchen right there, because it WAS a family-like home.

I am happy to tell you more as you like - believe me, I wish we had had more resources when we were going through our search, it can all be so mystifying!

You could ask the local Eldercare resource for a list of Board and Care places and take it from there?

Where are your parents located?

Lani