Thank you all for your kind, wise words. You each have said something that I feel I should quote and respond to, but I think I want to leave this "tale" alone as I don't want to jumble it all up with "facts."

This post was totally unplanned and was more stream-of-consciousness writing than I have probably ever done about my past. My fingers could not keep up with my thoughts, and I had a few revelations in writing like that. Last night what came out was a whirlwind of conflicting emotions, which is what my childhood was all about. Love and hate. Anger and pity. Feeling strong and feeling weak.

So, yes, what I wrote last night was healing for me. I didn't expect it at all. I don't post much, but I do read, and I know that you are a very kind, loving group of women. I had no second thoughts about posting, which is rare for me. I just felt comfortable posting it here.

Dotsie, thank you very much for your thoughtful invitation. I only have a cellphone, and it gets terrible reception here. I can't really use it in the house, so don't get to talk to friends very much. But I do appreciate the thought.

Thank you all again, you each have given me comfort and different ways of looking at my life.

Big, comfy hugs to you all,
Mij