Since so many of you are concerned and interested in helping in some way, I'm cutting and pasting the post here:

Mamacat posted:
Yesterday I had to take my 13-year-old daughter to hospital for being suicidal and cutting herself. She too has been through all the loss and to top it off has been bullied at school. She is in 72-hour lock down. I meet with social worker today. Husband preferred not to go with me. Will keep you all posted and thanks for all your wonderful posts.

I am sending prayers for all you as I type. I know you will continue to show her love. That is the most important thing you can do right now. Often times (not always...I don't always have the presence of mind when I have tough situations to manage with my teens, I pray for God's words, not mine. I recall a few times when His peace enveloped me and I swear I couldn't believe the strength I received from Him to handle it His way, and not the nasty, angry way I was feeling.

Cutting is big in this part of the country too. It's so sad to think kids feel relief when they injure themselves. I've read about women our age doing it under the panty line so no one sees it.

Mama, I pray you can find times to be still and gather strength for the times when you need it most. Just think about all us boomer women pulling for you and your daughter!