Hey Dotsie,

I love yoga, as a matter of fact it was the first thing I taught in fitness (lo those many years ago!) and I still teach classes on occasion.

My approach is hatha based an very, very gentle - lots of stretch, breathe, recover, extend, push the edge a little on strength and elongationa....and then I always finish with 10 or so minutes of guided relaxation, our favorite part!

I would like you to know that as I've gained more expertise in rehabilitative effects of exercise, my yoga has become influence by same. Here are a couple of tips, whatever type of yoga you decide to proceed with:

1) keep a soft knee (in other words, slightly bent) in standing positions

2) keep the feet in parallel, as if you are on skiis - this along with a soft knee helps rebuild and protect the knee joint.

3) keep a slight tuck of the tail while standing, and pay attention that your knees do not pronate, or roll in, to the midline of the body. As a matter of fact, after you bend and have a slight tuck, press the knees gently out toward the little toe - this is known as "KLT" in T-Tapp and is DIRECTLY from knee rehab. You can totally rebuild your knee joint with this little move, and it has allowed me to take up moderate running again - after having to quit before the rehab!

Hope this helps, and let us know what you come up with!

Lani