Hi everyone!

I have joined the forum for some "motherly" advise. I am a concerned daughter looking for some advise to pass along to my mother. I was hoping to find some answers on the forum to help me understand what she is experiencing and to pass some information on to her.

So here goes(I'm not sure which section to post this in): My mother has reached 51 and suddenly things are so dark and gloomy. a little bakground info- She stopped smoking 2 months ago(so proud of her!!), her husband, a truck driver is seldom home and currenly having some heart-related health issues. Additionally she does not work but she does baby-sit my 3 children about 20 hours a week so I may work. Lastly, my sister (17 yrs old)is just getting by in school.
I realize that she has a lot of stressfull things going on at once.

She has begun to talk about moving or "just getting away", she has become very bitter and critical of everyone. But I am worried because she has become a home body. She is either at home or my house and on occassion the grocery store. I don't know how to get her more involved in things outside the home. We have tried church activities, but it never last more than 2 weeks and she finds something wrong with it.

What can I do? How can I help? Should I do anything? Any other activities I should suggest?

Ladies I don't know what else to do, please give me some advise!

Thank you,
Cherry