Q ball
you did as many do..we start discussing a topic and wham the right question gets a reply like you shared.

Clothing is a way of communication.I so remember a duster coat and little suit I wore in the mid sixties.It was so right for me.A disabled older lady knocked her window to tell my Grandmother that me going out wearing this butter yellow coat did her heart good.
Other outfits also through the years hit the right place.
Getting harder so I stick to classics.

I was dainty..walked well being a dancer as a hobby.And importantly had a sense of belonging.

I arranged a fashion show for students a few years ago..part of the deal was the staff would choose an outfit. The store I had contacts in helped me choose and I did my best (right undergarments.. carrying a hat..knew how to walk and time my pace) next day one collegue during debriefing said that before she started talking she had to commend me.Seems that she saw another side of little me.
so Grandmas let little people dance and be aware of posture..alas my feet can play up ..shows if I overdo my activities.but if asked I could still present the persona of the girl in the butter yellow coat.

What outfit do you all remember as being the right one and at what event ?
Mountain ash