JJ & Mountain Ash,
Thank you for letting me know that my good intentions are coming through. Yes, it would be so easy to fall into a pitty party. But who wants to go to one of those? I talk so often to those just hit with the news that they may need a transplant and they are going through the quite typical "NO way-not me" routine. They are so scared that it leaves me wondering if they heard the message or not. Life after transplant is different, medically more difficult but that's over shadowed by the Thrill of being Alive! As a recepiant we are encouraged to write a letter to our donor's family. At first the pen and paper look like the most daunting objects you've ever been asked to use. I'd catch a glimpse of myself in a mirror and just stand there - looking into my eyes as if trying to find my donor, like they would look back at me from the inside out. Finally one comes to grips that there is another person's organ learning to reside in you & that that organ's donor family needs to know how appreciated it is, how well you intend to care for it. Quirky mix of emotions you celebrate life while they morn a loss. Which leaves a transplantee with very little room to feel sorry for themself. Right you are there are still days of discomfort, it's got to get really bad for me to actually call it anything but discomfort. LOL I've had pain, what I have now is just uncomfortable occasionally. So be it I suppose I do embrace feelings good and bad. As you say they are proof positive. Sorry I swipped the clothes tossing topic. I tend to dive into transplant chat a bit deep. BUt do appreciate the interest shown in my experience and hopfully the whole image of transplant.