Quote:

Question..should Father's day be brought up in front of everyone or should I talk to them in private and ask them 'did you forget Father's day? do you care that you hurt your dad?" I'm going to say something, so don't try to talk me out of it...I just need guidance in when/how I should do this.
UGH!!!

Okay, since you're gonna do it anyway perhaps, there could be some way it can be done without causing WWIII I'd suggest that perhaps the BBQ could be turned into a joint celebration of Father's Day and 4th July whether one or all of the children turn up. And, if anyone should ask why Father's Day is being celebrated as well, just say that (gently or teasingly) it is an opportunity to grasp albeit belatedly because occasions when everyone comes together to celebrate it has become rare. Then, I would just leave it at that. Because the dynamics between Larry and his children are such (and Gims has given good advice) then the opportunity of a get-together could indeed be one to grasp and celebrate. Better than none, I guess.