EW...I have two German cook books and love the potato pancakes with applesauce. It's a lot of steps but the end result is really good.
I really miss the fried cammebert cheese with berry sauce. I used to order that at a restaurant Rudesheim ...AND believe it or not I miss smoked Mackerel for breakfast (the large one, not the littles ones). I used to buy the Mackerel in the fridge section at the German stores...I'd take that puppy home, put it under the grill and yum. Add fresh brochen and butter...ahhh.
When I was stationed in England I got hooked on Indian (dot not feather) cooking. I liked it so much I decided to learn how to make it and have 2 cookbooks that are amazing. Unfortunately, I can't get fresh ingredients here nor can I eat Indian as often...to high in fat...the Ghee alone is an artery clogger. And Ghee is what adds the flavor. Oh, where's the Chicken Tika Massala?