Quote:

Our souls are fragile and it is fine to see later all the ways we can adjust the dynamics.
Mountain ash

I got stuck on this comment, MA. One can't patch the cracks placed in our souls by others (adult or otherwise). All attempts at doing so with psych guru suggestions don't mend anything. May teach coping, but don't mend. Least not in my experience. (This is not whining - but searching.) I'm thinking the only way to survive is by way of game playing - that's what everyone keeps telling me - "You have to learn how to play the game"... which I am so sick of hearing.

OK, there is no Utopia where everyone is kind and caring. I accept that (a hard thing to do). This is a dog eat dog (and everything that belongs to the dog) world. I've pretty much accepted that. Even though coming to BWS helps (and I'm talking helps alot - EH expresses it so well), there is still 'world' involved. Nothing (religion, etiquette, courtesy, training, etc.) can strip humankind of the natural tendency to hurt another. Even when we don't think we're doing it (not speaking of anyone in particular... generalization), we do it... but, there is something inside of us that birthed it.