I just want to add my two cents worth here. I am so shocked by the thought that so many of you wonderful ladies have had to live through sexual abuse. What a horrible statistic, Princess; 1 in every 4 women have lived through this? Just terrible.

I had one tiny incident in my life happen to me. I was only 9 or 10. My mother brought my brother and me to a lake on a summer day. A young man approached me, while I was up to my neck in water, and asked me if I am ticklish. I said no. He said let me try. And fumbled around where he shouldn’t have. I remember being struck like lightening. I couldn’t move I couldn’t scream mommy. Anyway I told him I’m not ticklish, and am going out of the water. This is what I don’t understand about myself. I didn’t go to my mother. Instead I went to the dressing room, and wanted to get out of my bathing suit and into my clothes. Suddenly the young man swung over the top of the dressing room wall into my tiny cabin. He then told me to undress. I think I peed, I was so scared, but I couldn’t scream help. In that moment, my mother’s panicked cry resounded throughout the cabin. The man jumped back over the wall. I answered my Mom, and she scolded me for not telling her where I was. To this day I never told her what happened. I can’t figure out why I didn’t ask for her help? Or why didn't I tell her?

So all I want to say through this message is; let your grandchildren know there are bad men out there. And tell them loud and clear that if anyone should ever touch them to scream their head off and go to Mommy. Maybe if they need help, then they will come to you or their mother for it.

My world was so pure and wholesome; I had no idea how to handle this situation. And although this was just a tiny incident, compared to the hell you ladies have gone through, it haunts me to this day.